In order to start with the BounceBack® Coaching program, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- 13 years of age or older, currently living in BC
- Connected to a primary care provider that accepts clinical responsibility during the program (physician, nurse practitioner psychiatrist or school counsellor)
- Not significantly depressed/ PHQ-9 is 21 or lower
- Not at risk of harming self or others
- Not significantly misusing alcohol or drugs to the extent that would impact program participation
- (If aged 19+) not diagnosed with a personality disorder
- Have not had a manic episode in the last 6 months
- Capable of engaging with and concentrating on workbook materials
- (If aged 13-18) has not self-harmed more than 3 times in the past month
Who can refer to BounceBack® Coaching?
BounceBack® works in partnership with service providers to ensure that participants are supported by a trained professional. Service providers can make two types of referrals.
Holds responsibility for the individual during their participation in BounceBack®. We currently accept primary referrals from:
- Nurse Practitioners
Secondary Referrals: pre-approval required
Submit a referral for a participant by providing the primary care provider (i.e. physician, nurse practitioner, psychiatrist) contact information. Individuals and organizations that could potentially become secondary referrers include:
- Mental Health & Addictions Services
- Public health nurse
- Home care nurse
- Social worker
- Case manager
Contact us to obtain secondary referrer pre-approval.