In order to start with the BounceBack® Coaching program, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- BC resident age 15+
- PHQ-9 score is 21 or lower
- Not at risk of harming self or others
- Can concentrate on materials (i.e. ability to engage, not significantly misusing drugs or alcohol)
- Has not had manic episode or psychosis in last 6 months
- Does not have personality disorder (19+)
- Has not self-harmed more than 3 times in the past month (adolescent participant)
Who can refer to BounceBack® Coaching?
BounceBack® works in partnership with service providers to ensure that participants are supported by a trained professional. Service providers can make two types of referrals.
Holds responsibility for the individual during their participation in BounceBack®. We currently accept primary referrals from:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Secondary School Counsellors (except over summer break)
Secondary Referrals: pre-approval required
Submit a referral for a participant by providing the primary care provider (i.e. physician, nurse practitioner, psychiatrist) contact information. Individuals and organizations that could potentially become secondary referrers include:
- Mental Health & Addictions Services
- Public health nurse
- Home care nurse
- Social worker
- Case manager
Contact us to obtain secondary referrer pre-approval.