In order to start with the BounceBack® Coaching program, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- 15 years of age or older
- Currently living in BC
- Already connected to a primary care provided (physician, nurse practitioner, psychiatrist or school counsellor)
- Is not significantly depressed / PHQ-9 score is 21 or lower
- Is not at risk of harming self or others
- Is not significantly misusing alcohol or drugs to the extent that would impact engagement in CBT treatment
- (If aged 19+) Is not diagnosed with a personality disorder
- Has not had manic episode or psychosis in last 6 months
- Is capable of engaging with and concentrating on workbook materials
- (If aged 15-18) Has not self-harmed more than 3 times in the past month
Who can refer to BounceBack® Coaching?
BounceBack® works in partnership with service providers to ensure that participants are supported by a trained professional. Service providers can make two types of referrals.
Holds responsibility for the individual during their participation in BounceBack®. We currently accept primary referrals from:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Secondary School Counsellors (except over summer break)
Secondary Referrals: pre-approval required
Submit a referral for a participant by providing the primary care provider (i.e. physician, nurse practitioner, psychiatrist) contact information. Individuals and organizations that could potentially become secondary referrers include:
- Mental Health & Addictions Services
- Public health nurse
- Home care nurse
- Social worker
- Case manager
Contact us to obtain secondary referrer pre-approval.